CORONAVIRUS CONTINGENCY PLANNING
George Spencer Teaching School Alliance is proud to be a licensee for the National Professional Qualifications (NPQ).
We offer four NPQs:
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) – £900 pp. Full scholarship available for schools in Derby and Nottingham.
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) – £1,200 pp. Full scholarship available for schools in Derby and Nottingham.
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) – £1,950 pp. Full scholarship available for schools in Derby and Nottingham.
- National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL) – £3,000 pp. Full scholarship available for schools in Derby and Nottingham.
All Teaching School Alliance members are eligible for a discount - please get in touch with Lisa Wilshere for further information for Alliance schools.
The DfE has provided funding for schools in Opportunity Areas, such as Derby, and high priority local authority areas, like Nottingham. This means that schools in these areas can apply for scholarships to cover the sum of the costs for all NPQs. However, if demand for funding is high, the DfE may need to implement their prioritisation criteria in relation to the availability of these scholarships. The DfE will be reviewing the financial position regularly and will keep providers updated.
National Professional Qualification (NPQ) Scholarship Funding for the 2019/20 financial year (April 2019 to March 2020) has been confirmed so please don’t delay if you wish to take up this opportunity.
A reminder of the prioritisation criteria is set out below:
In the event of over subscription for the scholarship funding the DfE will apply the following criteria:
- NPQ course participants working in a school in an Opportunity Area, where the school is also below the Key Stage 2 or Key Stage 4 floor standards;
- All other NPQ course participants working in Opportunity Areas;
- NPQ course participants working in schools where more than 30% of pupils receive Free School Meals; and
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) NPQ course participants.
Apply for 2019-20 NPQs (Induction November 2019)*
Based on feedback of the 200+ NPQ participants training with us in 2018-19, we've moved the start date for each programme to November 2019.
You can find the online application for each course via the links above. We also run a Hub over in Lincoln for the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH – details can be found on each of the NPQ pages above.
Queries & Questions
If you have any questions or queries, please contact email@example.com
* Subject to continued availability of DfE scholarship
'Coronavirus Contingency Planning - Key Information for NPQ Participants'