LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MODULES
The new curriculum for the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML), Senior Leadership (NPQSL) and Headship (NPQH) is modular and consists of essential and elective modules. It is possible to pick up elective modules within each of these qualifications even if you do not think you want to pursue the whole qualification.
Why pick up individual modules?
- Meet an identified personal or professional development need
- Extend your learning in an area of specialism
- Meet an identified school priority
- You can 'cash in' modules when you start NPQH, NPQSL or NPQML thus reducing the time pressures of completing all modules in 12 months
- Enhance your chances of success in your for NPQH application and Gateway Assessment
Each module is £350. Discounts are available for group bookings and bookings from George Spencer Academy Teaching School Alliance Schools and SCITT Schools.
Accrediting Prior Learning
Modules have a life of 3 years and can be cashed in against the NPQML, NPQSL or NPQH accredited leadership courses. The level against which they can be cashed in depends on the level at which the elective was taken. A loyalty discount will be offered to people who have completed courses with us in the past when they take up any of the accredited leadership development programmes.
What do I get with each module?
Every module is delivered through a blended learning approach and is intended to be the equivalent of 50 learning hours. This involves one face to face day, access to an online learning community through our Leadership VLE, engagement with on-line tasks, completion of school based activities and the self-study of the online module itself. A certificate will be issued upon full completion of all the blended learning activities.