COACHING & MENTORING
Coaching is an integral part of CPD and as such we have a bespoke coaching programme which has been developed for RQTs as well as incorporating elements of coaching into the OTP programme. Coaching is a life long process and as such the CPD on offer ranges from developing new coaches to embedding practice and further refining coaching to cater for the needs of all coachees.
The dates and details for our coaching session for the 2019 – 2020 academic year are below. If you are interested in attending this training please let us know at email@example.com.
Teacher Educator Programmes
Programmes for 2019-2020
The George Spencer Teaching School Alliance is pleased to offer the following Teacher Educator Programmes for 2019-2020. Develop self-awareness and deepen reflection in our settings to nurture a powerful learning environment.
Teacher Educator Programme Level 1: Effective Mentoring and Coaching
This introductory programme to mentoring and coaching is aimed at new and aspiring mentors and coaches. The modules are tailor-made for colleagues working in school settings.
- What is Mentoring?
- The Mentor-Mentee Relationship
- Mentoring Skills
- Setting SMART Targets
- An Introduction to Coaching
- Coaching Skills Review
- An Introduction to Giving Feedback
- 16/09/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 07/10/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 04/11/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
Teacher Educator Programme Level 2: Advanced Mentoring and Coaching
This advanced programme to mentoring and coaching is aimed at those with significant experience of mentoring and coaching colleagues through their career development.
- An Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Remaining Neutral
- Re-Scripting Feedback
- Managing Poor Performance
- Holding Difficult Conversations
- Workplace Coaching: The How
- Workplace Coaching: The Practise
- Workplace Coaching: The Plan
- Workplace Coaching: The Record
- 11/11/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 26/11/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 09/12/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
The courses are highly recommended for NQT, SCITT, School Direct and PGCE mentors but are also suitable for any colleagues involved in or interested in developing a mentoring or coaching role in school.
- FREE, for coaches and mentors working on the NQT, SCITT, Future Teaching Scholars and Leadership Pathways programmes within the Spencer Academy Trust and Teaching School Alliance (TSA).
- £30 for all other George Spencer TSA Members and Spencer Academies Trust schools, for all three sessions.
- £50 for non-members for all three sessions.
- Click here to download a flyer.
- To book a place, please sign up here
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org