The FrOGS (Friends of George Spencer) organize community events to raise money for projects at George Spencer Academy. The group was founded in 2007. Originally, it was quite a small group with BIG AMBITIONS and gave the school just under £2500 in the first year. Now, the group have donated over £43,000 for project large and small. Currently, we have 12 active members with children attending/attended George Spencer, the school representative Mr. Richard Turner, and ably supported by the school caretakers. All committee members are volunteers.
The group meet once a month. Over the year, we have run a number of events including Christmas Fayre, Fireworks Extravaganza (jointly with the fire-fighters fromStapleford), Back to School (for GSA 50th Anniversary), Pamper Night, Quiz Night, Wine Tasting, Strictly George Spencer and other events.
You can find details of all our upcoming events on our Facebook page.
- Shop online through Friends of George Spencer on easyfundraising.org.uk
- Attend FrOGS events
- Help FrOGS to plan/run events
- Donate prizes to FrOGS events
Our Next Meetings...
- Monday 11th September
All meetings start at 6:00 pm in the staff room in the conference centre. Meetings are once a month in the meeting room in the conference centre.
To join this group, please contact Richard Turner – email@example.com
Major School Projects Supported by FrOGS
- Microphones/PA system
- Hall lights and curtains
- Stage blocks
- Garden equipment for allotment
- Animation Club
- Art dislay boards
- Help with library books, facilities and Comic Book Club
- Technology equipment
- A court year garden and benches
- Equipment for inclusive sports group
- Table tennis equipment and running vests
- 6th form Resources/Common Room
- Music equipment
- And lots, lots more....